Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for. We all do, really. I have enjoyed seeing the daily posts on facebook. It's a good reminder to soak up the good and focus on the positive in life. I wish it was like that every day though. Every month. Not just at Thanksgiving. I had planned on doing this blog to list the things I am thankful all at once even though I thought of it every day when reading others.

So here we go- 

1. God and my faith- It is my foundation, my rock. I honestly don't know what I would do or the person I would be without knowing that He is up there protecting us, loving us, and guiding us every day. He makes life possible and worth living every day. 

2. My husband- After a decade together, I can honestly say I am more in love with him today than I was when we said "I do". He is the best husband and father I know. He takes care of us in every way. My shoulder to cry on, my best friend, my laughing buddy, my confidant, etc. He works so hard for us. I love you, Graden. 

3. Our boys- the two here and the one on the way. Being a wife and mother is my greatest joy. They have taught me so much. They make me laugh. Hunter is so sensitive, smart, and sweet natured. Henry has a great sense of humor and is full of personality. They are healthy and happy. What more could I ask for? 

4. My parents- My mom who is one of my best friends. She gives solid advice and someone I can go one day without talking to even if it's just a short text. I am the mother I am because of her example. She took care of us and made sure she was preparing us for the "real world". I am so grateful for that. 
My dad who is smart, funny, and giving. I knew what I wanted in a husband because of what he was and is to this day. He is the person I want to be like most. 

5. My siblings- my built in friends. We are always there for each other. We laugh together about the past. We celebrate with each other. They know me best and still love me. I feel the most comfortable with you guys. I love you Amber, Sam, Jage, Peter, Gabby, and Colette! 

6. My in-laws- see number 2. I know my husband is the person he is after being raised by them. Graden is so much like his dad and it makes me laugh when he acts like him especially when frustrated. I can see why Graden choose me to be his wife when I look at his mother- she is strong, independent, and cares a great deal about being a homemaker. 

7. My friends- the old and the new. You've seen me through phases of my life with words of support and advice. I am especially grateful for my current group of friends- they are truly great women. Fun, smart, giving, thoughtful, etc. I love you guys!!! Especially the best of them- Sara Todd and Catherine Kousma. My sisters from another mother. You know me and I can trust you. 

8. My home- I have a roof over my head. But not just a roof- it is my sanctuary. I love coming home and feel comfortable here. It's pretty and clean and ours. And in 12 years or less, will be paid for! 

9. My health- I have so many people in my life that have been through health scares or deal with daily issues. I don't take it fore-granted that I feel good most days, rarely get sick, and only go to the doctor for routine checkups. I hope this never changes!! 

10. My church- the place I get fed. A great pastoral staff and a good church family to hang with a couple times a week. We cry, learn, and laugh together. 

11. Quitting work this past year- It has been a dream come true. I love having my days free to go places, bake, do chores, and spend quality time with my kids. I am more relaxed, happier, and feel like I am doing what I was born to do- be a wife and mom.

12. Provision- we have a roof over our head, food on our table, our bills are paid, and we have money left over. I don't take this fore-granted. We never have to worry about money and for that, I am very grateful.

13. The internet/ Facebook- For me, it's my social outlet. I connect with family and friends on a daily basis from the comfort of my home. I couldn't delete my account- it just brings me too much joy. I learn about things, shop, check the weather/news- all from the comfort of my home.

14. Books- I love to read and it's something I've had more time for lately. We don't have cable and this is my past time. I love getting engrossed in a good book and laughing out loud or crying. My imagination is always better at painting the story than any movie.

15. Coffee- my drug. I can't go a day without it. It is my wake up call. My go to to pep me up or calm me down. I love the smell, the taste, the flavors. Nothing like a cup of joe!

16. My minivan- I have always wanted one especially after having children. So much room. So many cup holders. Seats for plenty and cargo room galore. The doors open by themselves with the click of a button which comes in handy since my hands are normally full! It could get better gas mileage but I'll take it.

17. A great city to live in- everything I need is within 5 miles of my house. It's clean, friendly, and full of great people. Good schools, good museums, libraries, malls, restaurants, concerts, etc. I have lived here my whole life and have no intention of moving. Bonus- both of our families live here too!

18. My husband's employer and job- He likes what he does. Great pay and benefits. Close to home. He's treated with respect and is constantly learning new skills. And he can still be a family man.

19. The Coopers- my client of 8 years. Good friends. Practically family. Katie and Thomas- my kid's best friends. Love you guys and happy to see you most days of the week.

20. Spotify and Pandora- I listen to one or both every day. Get to learn new artists or listen to the ones I love. All for FREE.

21. Shopping- Just got some great deals for Black Friday and Christmas. A good excuse to get together with people I love like my family or girlfriends (Sara Todd!). I also have done a ton of online shopping this year- thank you Kohls and Amazon.

22. Candles and my Scentsy pots- they make my house smell good and homey.

23. My iPhone- always connected to the ones I love. Convenient. Easy to use. Pretty much by my side at any given moment!

24. Things that make me feel pretty and confident- spanx, make up, my hair stylist, cute clothes and scarves. I know beauty comes from within- blah, blah, blah... but these things sure do help. A husband that frequently tells me I am beautiful.

25. The seasons- I don't love extremes and experience both but they are all beautiful. The rain and freshness of spring- a new beginning. Summer with it's fun of swimming/parks/being outdoors and wearing less clothing and flip flops (Yay for less laundry!). Fall with it's beautiful colors and mildness- a truly a relaxing time of year. Winter with it's pretty snows and a time of togetherness and fun holidays.

26. Food- I love to eat. All kinds of food! Chinese, American, Mexican. It makes me happy and frequently it brings people together and I love that too! Also blessed with great metabolism so I can pretty much eat what I want when I want. Lord, please don't let that change EVER.

27. Great doctors and teachers- the ones who take care of me and my family when I can't.

28. Freedoms- freedom of religion and speech. The right to choose what we do, when we do it, and with whom (most of the time). It's hard to remember some people don't have those basic rights and privileges.

29. Things/People that help me relax- Prayer, family, friends, wine, a good book, yummy food, coffee, sweaters/blankets, music, etc. Sometimes, we all need to just chill out.

30. A million reasons and things to be thankful for- they are all around us. Every day. We are so blessed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment